Covid-19 Resort Prevention Procedures
Dear Valued Guest,
Your health, welfare and safety are paramount when staying at Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa. We want to take this opportunity to share the measures we have taken in our operation to ensure your safety, along with our staff and their family.
- Our housekeeping, maintenance and guest services staff members are paying particular attention to high touch point areas within rooms and our facility to include: keys, public area computers, pens, doors and handles, locks and latches, light switches, desk surfaces, telephones, television remote controls and bathroom fixture handles. Ecolab Peroxide Covid-19 approved 3 in 1 multi surface cleaner and disinfectant will be utilized to disinfect all surfaces. This disinfection kills 99.999% Covid-19 and Noro Virus within 45 seconds of application.
- Increased sanitation in common areas, such as the front desk and great room where breakfast is served.
- We have modified our complimentary breakfast service to include individually wrapped continental breakfast items to be packaged for take away. At this time, the State of Colorado has imposed to-go food orders only until further notice and we are providing guests with menus to pre-select breakfast items for pick-up each morning of their stay.
- We have closed our on-site restaurant, Four Corners until July, 31st 2020 due to guidance from the state. The town of Ridgway is host to wonderful restaurants offering take away meals, along with a local market for those booking accommodations with cooking facilities such as our Locha Suites, and Spa Suites.
- Daily stay-over housekeeping services are temporarily discontinued per the County Health Department. If you would like our Housekeeping staff to pick up any trash or recycled items or to exchange linens, please contact our Front Desk Team and they would be happy to assist you.
- The Chipeta Spa will offer a temporary revised menu of massage only treatments ensuring the safety of our guests and staff, along with new safety protocols including masks and gloves worn during treatments.
We are taking steps to ensure the welfare of visiting guests, patrons in the community, our staff members, and associates. This includes:
- Requiring staff to wear face masks while on-duty, in addition to taking their temperature upon arrival to their shift. A daily log is kept at our time clock and shift management signatures are required to ensure these procedures are followed.
- If staff or immediate family members are not feeling well, we ask that they stay home and seek medical attention.
- We have met with staff members to provide instructions regarding personal and universal precautions. We ask that they utilize face masks and gloves throughout their shift and change them often; wash their hands with anti-bacterial soap and utilize hand sanitizer whenever possible.
- Until Social distancing and other limitations are lifted Ouray County requires that all visitors wear a mask at all times and maintain 6-foot social distance when they in resort common areas or out in the community.
- Maintaining physical distancing measures between staff and guests of 6 feet or more.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle (proper diet, sleep, and exercise) to help keep their immune system strong.
We understand your travels may have been interrupted by Covid-19 through no fault of your own. To that end, we are extending re-scheduling with no penalty of confirmed accommodations, up to one-year from the date of your Arrival. You are our valued guest and we greatly appreciate your business.
Chipeta Solar Springs Resort& Spa Team
Discover a secret Southwest Colorado Resort Retreat and Spa , your adventure travel and Colorado Romance destination. This adobe-style Colorado Resort & Spa, provides rustic boutique lodging with private hot tubs, romantic fireplaces & patios, solar heated Hot Pools, Spa, Yoga room, sauna, Four Corners Cafe and the Kiva Conference Center.
OUR MAILING ADDRESSChipeta Sun Lodge & Spa 304 S. Lena Ridgway, CO 81432 USA
OUR TELEPHONE NUMBERS
Reservations and Honeymoons: 1-800-633-5868 / 970-626-3737
Weddings, Events and Groups: 970-626-3737
The Spa: 970-626-5007 / 1-800-633-5868 ext. 126
The Four Corners Cafe: 970-626-3737 ext. 233
Our Fax Number: 970-626-3715
OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES
Reservation and Honeymoon questions: reservations@
Weddings, Events and Groups: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spa appointments: email@example.com
Four Corners Cafe: restaurant@
Website issues/comments: webmaster@
- Check-in 3:00pm, or by special arrangement.
- Check-out 11AM, but you may use Spa until close.
- Reserve your Spa Experience in advance for best selection
- Reservation Guarantee Policy – A one night deposit is required at time of booking for reservation up to seven nights. Reservations of 7 nights or more will be charged a 50% deposit. All Balances will be charged upon arrival.
- Reservation Cancellation Policy – Reservations canceled 7 days prior to arrival will receive a full refund. Reservations canceled within 7 days of arrival will be charged the initial deposit. Reservations canceled within 48 hour of arrival will be charged in full. Weather related or road closure based cancellations (winter) are non refundable but can reschedule reservation for stay within 90 days of original arrival with no penalties.
- Package Guarantee Policy – We require a 50% deposit on all package reservations. All Balances will be charged upon arrival.
- Package Cancellation Policy – Reservations canceled 7 days prior to the date of arrival will receive a full refund. Reservations canceled with in 7 day of arrival will be charged the initial deposit in full. Holiday package deposits are non refundable after the booking date.
- Spa Cancellation Policy – We understand there are times when you may need to reschedule your treatment. As a courtesy to our guests and staff, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to make your scheduled appointment.Our therapists are dedicated to their clients for the full time allotted for a service. Therefore, cancellations within 24 hours will be charged 100% for the scheduled service.
- Chipeta Solar Spring Resort is not responsible for lost or stolen items nor any injury sustained from use of the facilities.
- Chipeta is a non smoking facility. This includes cigarettes, cigars and cannabis. Please use designated smoking areas. There will be a $350.00 fee applied to your room if smoking has occurred in the room.
- Chipeta is a pet friendly hotel, however only certain rooms are designated for pets. Please notify the front desk if you are traveling with your pet. There will be a $35.00 fee per pet, per night applied to your room if you are in a designated pet friendly room. If it is determined that you have not reported your pet to the front desk and or are not in a pet friendly room, a $350 deep cleaning fee will be charged to your room.
- Group Reservation Guarantee Policy – To secure space an initial deposit will be due at the time of booking; which includes the room block. It is the policy of Chipeta Solar Springs Resort to collect 50% of the contracted balance 60 days prior to the event. A second payment of 25% of the contracted balance will be due 30 days prior to the event and all remaining charges will be charged upon check-in. Any additional charges applied to the Master Account over the weekend will be charged at check-out. A photocopy of a credit card and signature will be requested to keep on file if there are any authorized charges at the conclusion of the event. We will notify you of any additional or unexpected charges before we charge or invoice you for them.
- Group Cancellation Policy: Chipeta Solar Springs Resort may be unable to resell any canceled function or lodging space, and our ability to resell the space greatly diminishes the closer the cancellation occurs to the scheduled event date. Please acknowledge the schedule of cancellation assessment set forth below is a reasonable estimate of Chipeta Solar Springs Resort’s potential loss based upon the date of cancellation. Prior to 90 days of arrival: We will refund 100% of the $2,000 deposit and any other monies collected. 60 to 90 days prior to arrival: We will refund 50% of the $2,000 deposit and any other monies collected. 0 to 60 days prior to arrival: Any deposits received will be applied against the cancellation fee.
- Outdoor thermal pool hours:
Sunday through Thursday – 8:00am – 9:00pm
Friday and Saturday – 8:00am – 10:00pm
- Winter Spa Hours: Wednesday through Monday 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Front Desk Hours: 7 days a week from 7:00am – 9:00pm