It’s that special time of the year when romance fills the air! During February in Southwestern Colorado couples enjoy abundant Rocky Mountain winter activities and relaxation.
It’s hard to top celebrating a Colorado Valentine’s Day couple’s winter destination vacation to a romantic Rocky Mountain resort with beautiful San Juan Mountain peaks blanketed in snow. There is something for everyone in this winter wonderland:
2. Venture to Orvis Hot Springs and Ouray Hot Springs thermal pools for a relaxing geothermal pool soak. Or stay “at home” to indulge in Chipeta Resort’s solar heated thermal pools–our 10′ x 14′ tiled Roman bath and 16′ X 60′ lap pool.
3. For cross-country skiing, Ouray Nordic Council maintains trails including the gentle valley of Ironton where you can ski beneath a full moon.
4. From mid-December through mid-March, Ouray is abuzz with ice climbing action. Ouray Ice Park is home to more than 200 ice and mixed climbs–most within a 15- to 30-minute walk from downtown Ouray.
5. For gliding across ice instead of climbing it, stop by Ouray’s free ice skating rink. Other options include Ouray’s Rotary Park on the north end of Ouray (970-325-7065), and Telluride Town Park that features both an outdoor venue and the indoor Andy Hanley Ice Rink.
6. Whether it’s on Valentine’s Day in Colorado or any other love-filled day in the month of February, indulge with a 50- or 80-minute Therapeutic Couples Massage in Chipeta Spa’s Couples Massage Suite.
7. The surrounding San Juan Mountains rev up with snowmobile adventures, Red Mountain Snowmobile Tours (970-387-5512) and Telluride Outside taking you on the ride of a lifetime.
8. Hit the scenic back country in Telluride on a dog sledding tour with Winter Moon Sled Dog Adventures (970-729-0058). With a team of Alaskan huskies leading the way, you’ll explore snow-covered trails throughout the San Juan and Uncompahgre National Forests as you learn about the sport of mushing.
On The Pow: Skiing at Purgatory and Telluride Ski Resorts
Skiing in fresh powder is a dream for both skiers and snowboarders. With more than 2,000 skiable acres of unmatched scenery and incredible terrain, Telluride Ski Resort boasts the highest vertical drop among all of Colorado’s top ranked ski resorts.
As of Jan. 28, 2020, Telluride welcomes snow enthusiasts with all 17 lifts open to access, 134 of 147 open trails, and a snow depth of 47′ at the base and 51′ at the summit. Be sure to catch Telluride’s free gondola that travels from downtown Telluride to the center of Telluride’s Mountain Village. You’ll love the view!
Check out Chipeta Solar Springs Resort’s best Colorado winter ski packages including the Winter Slope Runner and Winter Ski, Soak and Spa Package at Chipeta.com/packages.
Taking Romance To a Higher Elevation
If you’re swept away with the thought of giving your partner the gift of romance, Chipeta’s Valentine’s Day Romance Packages and other plans help you raise the bar on showing your amour.
Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa welcomes lovebirds with our special San Juan Mountains Gateway Colorado Romance Packages.
Through the month of February, pairs save 10 percent on Chipeta’s Romance Packages priced from $235 that include:
• Chocolate Truffles, Wine and Flowers in room upon arrival
• 2 one-day passes to Orvis Hot Springs
• 50-Minute Couples Massage
For more details on this Colorado winter vacation package as well as Chipeta’s Winter Honeymoon Package, visit Chipeta.com/packages.
February Calendar Of Events
There’s never a “slow season” when it comes to Southwestern Colorado events and activities. Here’s a look at a calendar of events for Ridgway, Ouray County and Telluride during the romantic month of February.
Feb. 1-29: Live Music at Gorrono Ranch in Telluride
Feb. 2-6: Telluride 2020 Women’s Ski & Ride Week @ Telluride Ski Resort
Feb. 2, 9, 16 & 23: Sweetwater/Telluride Brewing Co. Sampling @ Gorrono Rancgh
Feb.3: 6:10 at 610 “To The Muse” Artist Reception & Film Screening with Jacob Lambert @ The Sherbino in Ridgway
Feb. 5: Telluride Mountain Club’s Winter Film Night @ The Sheridan in Telluride
Feb. 7: Trout Steak Revival Live In Concert @ The Sheridan
Feb. 7: Stillhouse Junkies @ The Sherbino in Ridgway
Feb. 8-9: An evening with the Doo Wop Project @ The Sheridan
Feb. 12: Alex Paul in the SHOW Bar @ The Sheridan
Feb. 13-16: 21st Annual Telluride Comedy Festival @ The Sheridan
Feb. 15-17: Mens & Womens Mogul Camp @ Telluride Ski Resort
Feb. 17: Sheep Mountain Alliance Party & Filmraiser @ The Sheridan
Feb. 19-20: Shawn Colvin & Jackson Browne: Sharing Songs and Stories @ The Sheridan
Feb. 21-23: Sherbino Night Live–It’s All Fun & Games @ The Sherbino
Feb. 22: Donavon Frankenreiter Live In Concert @ The Sheridan
Feb. 22: Red Mountain Mining District Snowshoe Tour @ Ouray Community Center
Feb. 22-29: Telluride Gay Ski Week @ Telluride Ski Resort
Feb. 23: Night at the Opera @ The Sheridan
Feb. 26: Sherb Nerds Trivia @ The Sherbino