IT’S FEBRUARY AND ROMANCE IS IN THE SAN JUAN MOUNTAINS AIR
It’s that special winter time of the year when romance is all around and the skiing, winter sports and activities are phenomenal in the San Juan Mountains. Check out our top five visitor favorite activities:
- Checking in and unplugging with a nice glass of wine or sparkling wine to start off the getaway. Then slipping in to a plush robe and heading over to soak in the 103 degree thermal pool while taking in breathtaking views of the San Juan and Cimarron Mountain ranges.
- Hitting the slopes at Telluride Ski Resort with your significant other or family members and returning to Chipeta Resort for a well-deserved therapeutic massage and relaxing meal at the on-site Four Corner’s Restaurant.
- Venturing to Orvis or Ouray Hot Springs thermal pools for an afternoon or evening of a relaxing geothermal pool soak.
- Sharing a 50-minute or 80-minute Therapeutic Couples Massage, side-by-side in the Couples massage Suite at Chipeta Spa.
- Enjoying happy hour before sharing a romantic dinner at Four Corners Restaurant. Chef Chuy Ayvar Senior and Junior are featuring an eclectic menu of coastal influenced surf and turf cuisine, sushi and vegetarian fare.
POWDER & WARMER WEATHER SKIING
Skiing in fresh powder is a dream for both skiers and boarders. With more than 2,000 skiable acres, Telluride Ski Resort boasts the highest vertical drop among all of the Colorado skiing resorts.
Currently, Telluride Ski Resort boasts over 17 feet of snow pack and receiving fresh new powder every 4 – 5 days. It’s a winter ski wonderland out there.
Looking ahead the month of March is ideal for “warmer weather” skiing. Diehards have commented that Telluride’s higher elevations and ample north-facing terrain preserve late season snow very well.
Other perks of late season skiing in Southwest Colorado include flights into Montrose Regional Airport . Chipeta offers discounted ski packages through April 4!
CHIPETA SPA FEATURED MASSAGE THERAPIST
Laura is a Certified Massage Therapist specializing in a deep and nurturing approach; combining Neuromuscular Therapy, Stretching, Alignment Based Techniques, Eastern Modalities and Energy Work.
Laura is a Colorado native and she graduated from the Mountain Heart School of Massage and Bodywork, in Crested Butte Colorado, in 2006. She loves being part of the Ouray County vibrant community and enjoys exploring the beautiful mountains that surround us.
“My massage style is very thorough, balancing and intuitive. I strongly believe in your body’s natural healing ability, so I really listen to you and your body and adapt to what you need to feel your best.
I want you to leave your session feeling grounded, balanced and very alive!”
GIVE THE GIFT OF ROMANCE AT CHIPETA RESORT
It’s hard to top celebrating Valentine’s Day with a couple’s getaway to a beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountain resort where the setting is set with 12,000 – 14,000 feet mountain peaks blanketed in snow.
Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa welcomes lovebirds to do just that with our special San Juan Mountains Gateway Colorado Romance Packages.
Valentine’s Day Romance Package:
– Save 30% on two nights or more stay
– Arrive to your room greeted with wine or Champagne, a signature gift box of world-famous Mouse Chocolate & Coffee Truffles and a romantic floral bouquet
– Sink into monogrammed robes and enjoy a 50-minute couple’s massage
– Enjoy the majestic scenery and activities of the San Juan Gateway
Check out our NEW Romance Getaway Specials web page.
Southwest Colorado Winter Calendar of Events at a Glance:
The Sherbino Theater keeps the Ridgway, Colorado entertainment scene lively this winter with music and fun special events.
From Feb. 14-16, couples and even singles can tap into Sherbino Night Live. A sketch comedy show in the tradition of Saturday Night Live. Also catch Mountain Film On Tour .
On Feb. 8, ARTbar
Magpies and Aspens paining event (Feb. 19),
Sherb Nerds Trivia Night (Feb. 20)
The Dawn Wall that focuses on legendary free climber Tommy Caldwell (Feb. 26).
On the music front, plug into Little Giant (Feb. 1), Real Rock 13 (Feb. 2), The Sea, The Sea (Feb. 9) and Stillhouse Junkies (March 1).
Other top winter events in Ridgway, Ouray and Telluride include:
- Feb. 2: Burns Night Supper & Dance at Ouray Elks Lodge
- Feb. 7: Zoso–The Ultimate Led Zeppelin Experience at the Sheridan in Telluride
- Feb. 8-11: Chris Robinson Brotherhood Live at the Sheridan
- Feb. 9: Red Mountain Mining District Snowshoe Tour with UWP & Ouray County Historical Society
- Feb. 14-17: 20th Annual Telluride Comedy Festival at the Sheridan
- Feb. 23-March 2: Telluride Gay Ski Week